MORE THAN JUST COLD COFFEE: THE TRENDY DRINK “COLD BREW” IN EIGENART’S OWN EXPERIMENT
Coffee nerds swear by COLD BREW! It has long been drunk in New York, and now also in Berlin, Cologne and Hamburg. Cold brew coffee, then? Or do you just let the conventionally brewed coffee go cold? Not at all! Cold brew is supposed to taste completely different from cold coffee: above all, mild and aromatic, because it lacks bitterness due to its preparation. This makes it easier to digest. Cold Brew is uncomplicated to prepare and incredibly aromatic. That’s exactly why this trendy drink is so popular.
This is how you prepare COLD BREW in the EVE:
- Grind the coffee beans very coarsely, e.g. in a hand mill – about the size of dried lentils.
- Calculate about 100 grams of coffee to one litre of water.
- Put the coffee into the EVE strainer and fill the jug to the brim with cold, filtered water.
- Leave the Cold Brew in the fridge for between 12 and 16 hours.
- Remove the strainer and squeeze the coffee a little.
Fresh from the fridge, COLD BREW is indispensable, especially in summer. And you can get creative! Just add a scoop of ice cream, fruit juices, syrups, spices, milk or milk alternatives. Give it a try – your EVE is versatile and can take part in any pleasure experiment.
Conclusion: COLD BREW really does taste quite different from “cold coffee”. Best of all, it can even be stored in the fridge for up to a week and heated in the microwave without any loss of flavour.
Do you have a recipe idea? Then send it to us. With a little luck, we’ll publish your recipe on Facebook and Instagram.
Have fun trying it out!
Author I Ruth Bode, Customer Service