GINGER – A TUBER WITH “INNER VALUES”
“The path to health leads through the kitchen, not through the pharmacy”, Sebastian Kneipp once said. This wisdom fits particularly well with the miracle tuber ginger. The all-rounder is not only a spice but also a medicinal plant. However, opinions differ on the taste of ginger. But it can do so much! Especially in the cold season, it acts like an inner powerhouse.
In traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda, ginger has always been used for its healing powers. With its vitamin C, magnesium and iron content, it is a real virus killer. It also warms the body. If you often have cold hands and feet and often shiver, ginger provides you with exactly the warmth and the fire of life that you need.
This is how you prepare delicious ginger tea in the EVE:
- Cut a piece of ginger about 3 centimetres in size into slices as thin as possible and place them in the EVE strainer.
- Add 750 ml of boiling water. Let the tea steep for 10 minutes, covered.
- Allow the condensed water on the lid to drip into the tea. It is rich in essential oils and therefore particularly healthy.
- Let the tea cool down a little before you enjoy it. You can sweeten it with a little honey.
- Tip: If possible, use unpeeled organic ginger. Most of the active ingredients are found directly under the peel.
For enjoyment on the go, it’s best to take our FLOWTEA. You can also use the chic glass bottle with strainer for a delicious “infused water” in summer. Add fresh ginger juice to lemon water, mint or verbena, sweeten with a little honey or agave syrup. The result is a very refreshing thirst quencher in which the cooling mint balances the warming properties of the ginger.
Do you also have a recipe idea? Then send it to us. With a little luck, we’ll publish your recipe on Facebook and Instagram.
Have fun trying it out!
Author I Ruth Bode, Customer Service